These Terms of Service ("Terms") set forth the various matters to be observed by you when using the services ("Service") provided by Kodansha Co., Ltd. (“Kodansha,” “we,” “us,” “our”) on this website. To use the Service, you are required to read the entire text of these Terms and agree to its contents.
Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- 1.These Terms shall apply to all matters relating to the Service between you and Kodansha.
- 2.In addition to these Terms, we may establish various other provisions ("individual provisions"), such as rules for using the Service. These individual provisions, regardless of their names, shall form part of these Terms.
- 3.In the event that the provisions of these Terms differ from those of individual provisions described in the preceding paragraph, the provisions of these Terms shall prevail unless otherwise specified in the individual provisions.
Article 2 (Prohibited Acts)
You must not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service.
- 1.Acts that violate laws or public order and good morals
- 2.Acts related to criminal activity
- 3.Acts that infringe intellectual property rights
- 4.Defamation, insults or acts of obstruction of business of others
- 5.Acts that invade privacy
- 6.Acts of destruction or disruption of the functioning of our servers or network
- 7.Acts that may interfere with the operation of our services
- 8.Collection or accumulation of personal information relating to other users
- 9.Impersonation of other users
- 10.Providing benefits directly or indirectly to anti-social forces
- 11.Acts that infringe on the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, privacy, reputation or other rights and interests of Kodansha or a third party
- 12.Posting or sending overly violent expression; explicit sexual expression; expression of discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, creed, gender, social status, family origin, etc.; expressions that incite or encourage suicide, self-harm, drug abuse; other expressions that make other people uncomfortable, including antisocial content
- 13.Sales, publicizing, advertising, soliciting and other for-profit activities (except those approved by Kodansha); acts of soliciting sexual or obscene acts; acts aimed at meeting or dating unknown members of the opposite sex; acts aimed at harassing or slandering other users; other acts of using the Service for purposes other than the intended purpose of use of the Service
- 14.Religious activities or solicitation to religious organizations
- 15.Acts of establishing pyramid schemes or soliciting for/operating such a scheme
- 16.Other acts that Kodansha deems inappropriate
Article 3 (Suspension of Provision of the Service, etc.)
- 1.Kodansha reserves the right to suspend or interrupt the provision of all or part of the Service, without notifying you in advance, in any of the following cases.
- 1.When carrying out maintenance, inspection or updating of the computer systems required to provide the Service
- 2.When it has become difficult to provide the Service due to a force majeure, such as an earthquake, lightning strike, fire, power outage or natural disaster
- 3.When the operation of computers or communications lines has been disrupted due to an accident
- 4.Other cases where provision of the Service has been deemed difficult
- 2.Kodansha assumes no liability for any disadvantage, loss or damage you or a third party may incur as a result of suspension or interruption of the Service, regardless of the reason.
Article 4 (Usage Restrictions)
- 1.Kodansha reserves the right to restrict your use of all or part of the Service, without notifying you in advance, in any of the following cases.
- 1.You have breached any of the provisions of these Terms
- 2.Other cases where we deem your use of the Service inappropriate
- 2.Kodansha assumes no liability for any loss or damage you may incur as a result of actions we take in accordance with the provisions of this article.
Article 5 (Warranty disclaimer and Exemption from Responsibility)
- 1.Kodansha makes no warranties, express or implied, that the Service is free from any de-facto or legal defects (Including, but not limited to, defects in safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, validity, fitness for a particular purpose, security, etc., errors and bugs, and rights infringement.)
- 2.We assume no liability for any loss or damage you incur due to the Service. However, this disclaimer does not apply when an agreement between you and Kodansha concerning the Service (including these Terms) forms a consumer contract as defined in the Consumer Contract Act.
- 3.Even in the case provided for in the proviso to the previous paragraph, we assume no liability for any loss or damage you incur (including cases in which you or Kodansha foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of said loss or damage) due to default or tort due to negligence on our part (except for gross negligence).
- 4.Even if Kodansha is responsible for any reason, for any loss or damage you incur, we shall not be liable to compensate for an amount above the sum of 10,000 yen, and we shall not be liable for compensation for any incidental, indirect, special, subsequent damages or any damages relating to lost profits.
- 5.We are not responsible for transactions, communication, disputes, etc., arising between you and other users or third parties in relation to the Service.
Article 6 (Changes to Contents of Service, etc.)
Kodansha shall be able to modify, add to, or remove part or all of the contents of the Service, or discontinue the provision of the Service, without any notice to you, and we assume no liability for any loss or damage you may incur as a result.
Article 7 (Changes to Terms of Service and the Service)
- 1.Kodansha shall be able to make changes to these Terms, when deemed necessary, without obtaining your consent.
- 2.The revised Terms shall take effect from the date that we separately specify, and if we make no such specification, they shall take effect from the time the revised terms are posted on this website.
- 3.If you use the Service after the Terms have been revised, you will be deemed to have agreed to the contents of the revised Terms.
Article 8 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 9 (Prohibition of Assignment of Rights and Obligations)
You may not assign your status under these Terms or your rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party without Kodansha's prior written consent.
Article 10 (Severability)
In the event that any provisions (including articles, paragraphs and items) of these Terms are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, regardless of the reason, the validity, legality and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms shall not be impaired or affected in any way by said judgment.
Article 11 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- 1.The interpretation and application of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- 2.In the event that a dispute arises between you and Kodansha in relation to the Service, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction as the court of first instance.
Created on December 16, 2019